CZI | Movement & Capacity Building Opportunities
The Chan Zuckerberg Initiative is committed to helping you scale change faster. We do this through grants, technology and capacity building. With weekly trainings and expert advising we support the CZI community to grow key capacities to unlock greater impact over the long-term.
Our trainings span a wide range of capacity building topics. Each live session is 90-minutes and includes time for Q+A.
Below you can sign-up for upcoming trainings. You can also opt-in to receive monthly invitations about these sessions here.
Recorded sessions from 2022 are currently available via our Wistia page. We upload past session recordings within two weeks after they have taken place.
If you have any questions, needs, or input, please feel free to reach out at firstname.lastname@example.org.
*The trainers leading these CZI-sponsored sessions are external vendors. The views and advice they will present are based on their deep experience in their respective fields or sectors and do not necessarily represent the views or advice of CZI. Please note that CZI may record their session(s) through Zoom. This means that any visual (if you choose to put your camera on) and audio will be recorded. By registering for this session(s), you consent to being recorded. If you do not wish for your visual and/or audio to be recorded, you can switch off your camera, and/or remain muted throughout the entire session or decide not to register. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact email@example.com.
Hosted by Firas Nasr and Carla Aronsohn, Cultivate Strategies
Introduction to Social Media Strategy and Engagement
- Understand the fundamentals of a strong social media strategy that encourages engagement
- Learn the best practices for Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
- Receive helpful tools that you can use to streamline and improve your digital strategy
March 30th, @ 9:30-11am PT / 12:30-2pm ET
Hosted by Firas Nasr, Cultivate Strategies
Introduction to Website Design and Strategy
- Understand website design best practices, accessibility, and trusted tools
- Learn how to choose a website building platform, how to write for the web, and how to test user experience
- Receive tangible tools, such as a checklist, for a website launch
Thursday, April 6th @ 9:30-11am PT / 12:30-2pm ET
Hosted by Dara Silverman
Practicing Consent at Work
- Explore what consent means in a professional context
- Identify practical ways to build a culture of consent when working with colleagues
- Learn to build trusting and truthful relationships at work
Thursday, April 13th @ 9:30-11am PT / 12:30-2pm ET
Holding Boundaries at Work
- How to begin to name and get to know your boundaries
- Clarify what this means for your working relationships
- Develop clear practices for holding your boundaries
Thursday, April 20th @ 9:30-11am PT / 12:30-2pm ET
Hosted by Robbie Samuels
Setting-up for Success on Zoom
- Learn tactics to increase live attendance of Zoom webinars and events
- Improve your audio, video, and framing to deliver an optimal virtual presentation
- Review checklists and guidance on leveraging Zoom settings
Thursday, April 27th @ 9:30-11am PT / 12:30-2pm ET
Virtual Presentation Skills
- Create engaging virtual presentations using purpose-first design
- Learn interactive tools on Zoom to improve participant engagement
- Explore how to enhance accessibility on Zoom for all participants
Thursday, May 4th @ 9:30-11am PT / 12:30-2pm ET